orange

Friday, December 12, 2014

Meet at the Spring

You were my only way to smile in months
Stillness too thick for a storm
For a moment, lightening gone
Touched the stage together, but wouldn't touch
Saw my every movement, but I couldn't look
Crazy we both saw those clouds,
Shooting like cracked light
My words fumbled, you picked them up for me,
Did you just explain my art?
Thought to run from the room but instead
covered my face, and burned to see your eyes
It was so weird. But you loved me, I knew it
Is there anything I can do to change your mind?
Thank God for Coldplay as your face 
melted for the first time in front of mine
Too soon you wiped my own imagination from my skin
When I forgot how to feel and we were strangers again
The memory of our dream survived and you touched 
my back to sleep and reminded me how to breathe
I prayed on your cold steps, and in my sleep
you healed me from the horror at my baby scene
Still slowly wading behind through the Gulch 
Maybe we'll meet breathless at the Spring this time
 Ran right passed me in the aisle, before I had a voice
I sang your songs in secret, you didn't even know
Watched your dream from show to show,
stood at a distance as your loved ones had to go
You may not have even noticed,
but I always was your audience,
always am, no matter how it grows.

No comments: