orange

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Giant Birds

The child found me here,
I guess she did pretend to die.
The buzz, this time a burn,
In the body it hides.
Head hash, it sizzles skin
When there is nothing but air.
Waves alive and crashing crypts
Pull in my head at my hair.

Used up the love in my bones,
Come wash off, silence the burn.
Treadmill sweeps, increase the pounding,
It's deception of work.
Try distraction, shifting teeth, the pain
Might make sense of it,
A reason for discomfort, it diffuses the
Rest of it.

Redeemed by giant birds,
The shapes that swim through the wreck,
Saved me, saved me.

Can't make sense of what I see.
My time was broken up, I'm three.
Every time it heals I stop honoring.
I owe it to myself to hurt,
But I can't just keep remembering.

I live the last wishes of a dying girl.
She thought I'd be her.
I had to go to see her learn,
She had to leave for me to rise.
I watched her yearn for my existence
But she was beautiful.

We saw giant birds in our mind.
I was less myself but saw everyone else.
I didn't know a soul until I met her,
Couldn't feel their eyes.

Angry, sometimes, for being
Let in on the secret.
I'd hate, but I almost can't remember you.
I love you, but don't come visit.

Please don't pretend to die this time. 
Please don't pretend to die.

No comments: