orange

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Bubble vs. Reality Stick

Stupid, mindless, self-righteous, self-brainwashed, empty.
False humility strapped to your forehead.
"Afraid" of a cartoon Devil.
"In love" with a marionette God.
Connected to yourself three thousand times over,
While you forge connections to reality like a fantasy novel.
A white bubble of rainbows and unicorns covers us all,
created by default of atrophied minds.

Wake up and turn your brain on

Your pride is strapped so tightly to your forehead the blood doesn't flow.
You used your box of crayons to color the Devil.
When you move your hand God speaks.
Your same ideas circulate repeatedly until the mass of connections
is too heavy to be carried by anything but ignorance. It has no foundation.

The Bubble smothers.
The Rainbows constrict.
The Unicorns stab anyone who tries to pass.

Wake Up And
Turn
Your
BRAIN ON



I dedicate this poem to the following:
Laura and Israel, Rick Koerber, Maynard, Tori Amos, Orson Scott Card for his character Gloriously Bright, and all the people in the mormon church who act like Gloriously Bright.

2 comments:

Venite Maledicti said...

I've read quite a bit of Orson, and he's a great author, but I've never read the book with Gloriously Bright.

I do think that there are many people in our Church that have forgotten that God loves unconditionally, and therefore they look down on many people.

I'm not sure what you're opinions are on things, I've only barely read this blog, but I love my religion, I just don't like my Church. The Church, as it is, is comprised entirely of Human Beings. Therefore, it is susceptible to some forms of corruption. Or many forms of corruption. The Gospel is the word of God, however, and his cannot be corrupted.

The Church has been prejudice against Blacks in the past, which I'm sure God would not have liked, and it has never allowed Women to have the priesthood. I'm not a woman myself, but I don't care what stupid reasons they have, Women deserve they're own priesthood, and I know that even though the Church does not acknowledge it, they do have it anyway. It's called the Priesthood of Life Giving. We are WAAAY to patriarchal in our Church, and where Heavenly Father is nothing without Heavenly Mother, so is the Male without the Female. It makes all societies and relgions broken when the Male and Female are not equal and working together.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but you seemed like someone who could handle that, though when I started learning the truth of our Church, I did not want to believe any of it myself. I haven't really told you anything, I've just expressed my anger with the people of our Church. But I'm done now. Hope I am able to converse again with you some other time.

Ailu said...

yes i agree with what you just said. :) you a mormon, eh?