orange

Friday, June 26, 2009

Enough

I can never have enough of you.
Just as I am most hungry, there's nothing there to fill, and I thirst for everything out of reach.
I touch your face
It disappears
I breath in your reality
It dissolves
I perceive your beauty
It leaves me cold and burns a memory in my mind that cannot be satisfied.
Overflowing promises are neatly amputated, but It leaves me gaping.
There's nothing clean about an open wound.
The world gave an alluring taste it had no intention of letting me savor and it pulls
it pulls

it pulls


my heart out with a string.
I fear the emptiness could pull my insides right out.
Desperately compelled I search to substitute your missing love but there is nothing without you.
like death
like taxes
I can never have enough of you.

No comments: